Saturday, April 19, 2014

Nobody could say it was a stupid idea because I was by myself

One thing is inevitable when working with other people: compromises. When it comes to jumps a group of people might make something big or consequential, but rarely weird. In my head, I keep ideas that would be shut down in the context of a group project. When I stayed up on the mountain after close the other day with extra energy and a shovel I wanted to make something unique and uncompromising. If it wasn't going to work for skiing, I would worry about that when I was finished.

I ended up staying up till nine at night in the rain and dark to finish this bowl. I haven't gotten all the lines on it that I had thought about when building but I'm not done skiing it yet. I think I'll hike up after Whistler closes and session the bowl. Due to the fact it's built between freight containers it's pretty photogenic. The way it wraps around is ideal for a fisheye lens.

 All I've gotten so far on it are stalls to fakie and some airs around the bowl to where the exposed plywood is (used to be covered (design flaw)). The airs are scary because you're popping off of over-vert and looking down to the flat mid-air.

Message me on facebook if you want to know the location. For now it's a secret.

How many lines can you think of?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers