Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Lately: I'm still here

These last few weeks.. I've made some mistakes and have encountered little bits of physical adversity that drive me down. Little things, out of the blue but none the less preventable. Life or luck is calling out my weak spots, and hopefully running out of them as well.

Truthfully I feel far from the best I've felt about my life. I'm watching video's of skiers I aspire to be like and it's hard to comprehend rising to that level, even I'm doing my own style and not theirs. In this gap between the dreamer and the accomplished I sit, a lot of the time it’s near the bottom. 

So I sit, attempting to think of philosophies that will get me there. But there are no philosophies that will do that. I really don't know what will make me successful. We all want more money, better things, and more fans of an imaginary ego. But as much time as I spend thinking heavily about a life that's not mine, it won't do anything. It might just make me unhappier.

I'm not hopeless though.

 I benched my weight yesterday (repped it actually), Even though I haven't done a bench press in over a year. How can I feel hopeless when I can do that? You know what else I can do? 

Stand on one foot. See I 'll do it right now. 


Awesome! other foot?

Wow, what a day! I'm going to go get sushi!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers