Saturday, February 2, 2013

Lately: Looking forward

At this moment from where I'm sitting in Starbucks, I can see three ipads being used. I try not to be concerned with people's choices that don't effect me however the fact that so many people willingly bought such inconvenient and over priced pieces of technology. Apple seems to have lost their edge in the last few years, in that they are still running on what were once ground breaking product concepts. The only changes seem to be in adding trivial technology to every new edition of the iphone and new software, like the worsened itunes and choosing to no longer including iphoto or imovie stock on computers. Regardless, I'm writing this on a new MacBook which definitely does the trick and will last for a few years, even if it is overpriced.

Some girl I know just saw me sitting here (in Starbucks) and asked "Why are you alone?" What a dumb question. I hate it when people ask me that. An elderly lady reading the newspaper next to me is talking to herself very quickly. I don't even mind as she's doing so quietly. I think she's doing a commentary on the contents of the newspaper, nodding in a positive tone to an article on Bill Clinton.
  
January started off with a nasty cold and a lot of work. No skiing either. I felt apathetic throughout rest of the month, the exception being when I filmed  in the park with Dylan Siggers and the UBC crew. The shots I got were satisfying and now the concept of a season edit isn't just palpable, but has gotten me stoked. I realized something when filming for the first time, which was that you need to base your choices almost purely on your strengths. This meant that I didn't do a lot of actual park skiing. Instead my favorite shots used my skills honed with my skis in contact with the snow. On the other hand, a major hole in my game is in the air. 

So January just felt a little sluggish, so did my skiing. I'm not sure what changed in the last week. I might have a had a wake up call. Right now I feel a little more in control, even though the feelings I have while skiing haven't changed a whole lot. I've been getting up early (totally a good thing) and because the sun has been out I've gotten some new lines the last couple days. This last paragraph has been hard to write. I keep on typing the same sentence, basically saying that things are getting better and so am I. I'm not even that sure of it. I think it's my form of positive thinking, which I don't really care for right now because I just feel like actions are only positive thing I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers