Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Filming

If there's one thing I want out of this whole skiing endeavor, it's a decent film segment. After getting home from work and mindlessly going onto Facebook I watched several ski videos over about half an hour. Sometimes when I watch videos I don't think about my own skiing. Watching skiing that I don't have a large involvement in (triple corks), I don't compare myself. Seeing these edits today, I was very quick to do so. I thought about what I had to show and whether my skiing could contend with what I was witnessing. This experience was somewhat negative and insecure for me however I thought about how important it is that I film.

I had the idea of writing a paragraph about how great ski movies are, however that creative spark died completely. I love ski movies and every other day I watch a few edits on the internet, particularly ones of my friends. I haven't really watched any ski films in the last few seasons. I guess I can't justify the cost of DVD.

Finishing, I've realized I'm not an avid ski movie viewer. When I watch a skier that's original, skilled, and has generally mind blowing material, I'm interested. But watching every ski movie each season can't be that much more productive or inspiring that watching the obscene amount of Youtube that I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers