Tuesday, September 15, 2015

The Fall Zone

About two weeks ago a windy rainstorm rolled into the PNW and it was ruled that it was no longer summer. I don't have any authority on this but it's really a matter of perspective. All skiers are now thinking forward; they are no longer in the present, laughing about the summer heat. Snow even accumulated on the peak of Whistler.

I don't really even have my winter figured out yet. My plan for the fall is to train and work in Vancouver, then return to Whistler for opening day. This winter is set to be a good one though. I have the money to buy a snowmobile, so once I pull the trigger on that I've taken a big step. Other than that I just want to do as many trips as possible, including one to Japan and some big mountain comps.

The last month since surgery has been kinda. Looking back I realize that being an athlete means more than excelling just when you're at you're best. Just Six more days until I can return to low impact activity. I bought some new runners and I'm super excited to put a bunch of energy into that and get real fast on the concrete, track, and trails. For now though I'm just trying to take it easy, but not too easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers