Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Lately:

I'm not really sure how February went. I got to ski some deep snow at Whitewater one weekend and I suppose that was the highlight. I've been working more than I would like, some days finding my self getting two runs in before I start at 11 and then walking in frustrated because because my skiing felt weak. Since I've been going on some trips, I get back home and work 6 days straight and then leave again. I don't really mind though, other things stress me out.

After that weekend in Nelson I came home and didn't do any exercise. With all those hours on the road and me working at a BBQ restaurant, I simply felt fat. It's very hard for me to ski with confidence when I know I'm not at my full physical potential. I try to flex my muscles for assurance but nothings there, and then I feel the few pound or two of body fat that wasn't there a month ago. It brings me way down. I guess I'm back on a regiment, but I'm only a few workouts in and very sore. I could only take the apathy for so long so when I went back into the gym I did so with intensity and now every muscle in my body aches.

Right now I'm on my way to Castle Mt. for my only legitimate competition of this season, a Freeride World Qualifier. I'd be lying if I said that freeski competitions have worked out well for me in the past, but I think I have a lot of reasons to go to Castle. There is one main reason, and that is to show and prove. I can tell myself and others that I rank with sponsored skiers but to contend and emerge victorious amongst them in a competition provides a concrete statement. I hope I ski my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers