Friday, April 6, 2012

Toboggans

I've been in the ski patrols toboggan before. At first it was a thrill, now it's a claustrophobic nuisance, being locked in a potential projectile and slowly dragged down steep slopes. You are so immobilized that people could mistake you for a dead body. Yesterday I hurt myself in an odd accident, tumbling after being hit by a stray ski. I never consciously think about the thrill of skiing when I'm on the mountain. I just do things because they feel good. But when something  like this happens I begin to identify with the group of skiers that are about the thrill because I see the consequential side of this sport and I feel like I should embrace it.

I need to find something to do to pass the time. I'm really good at spending an entire afternoon getting a coffee, and I still thinking about grabbing a new but old video game system. A few couple essay ideas have come to me and I'm put those down on here when the times right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers