Monday, February 9, 2015

The Truck

In high school I didn't care for cars. To get around every day I would ride my bike. In a densely populated city like Vancouver cars don't offer a lot of convenience. Because I was passionate about biking, I could get to school in less time than it would take to drive. If I had driven a car with the same style I rode my bike each day, I'd probably be in jail. But as much as bicycles provide freedom, I came to realize cars offered freedom like no other technology does.

Somewhere between youtube, episodes of top gear, and learning stick in my moms hatchback, I started to lust for a car. At age 20 I bought a red Acura Integra, not the best car for a skier, but very fun to drive. I had that car for two years, and it offered some great experiences. In retrospect a Subraru may have been a better choice but I won't dwell there. I all over BC and back, got pretty close to the cars top speed, and almost completely wasted the handbrake drifting in the snow.

I'm a skier though, and I've been chasing owning a snowmobile for a few years. Owning a snowmobile necessitates having a truck. So after two months of planting trees I bought this:

It's a:
'94 Ford F-150
4x4 with a regular cab and an 8 ft box
5 speed manual w/ low range
driven by a 300 cu straight-six
the colour is Calypso Green
and it's awesome.



*disclaimer - personal automobiles are not only largely responsible for climate change, but also a money pit and a large source of stress for any owner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers