Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Lately:

The last few days have been exciting. Whistlers snowpack constantly provided surprises. With 20 light cm's on top of blue ice, every turn is a gamble. On and off the hill I've had unexpected experiences.

There's a blind jump I hit everyday off of the top of Red Chair. It's in the trees and you can't see the landing until you're well into the air. I mindlessly aired it only to realize an instructor had taken his kids directly under it and I was jumping half his class. After some explaining and apologizing the instructor and me were both more weary. His class of little girls was really stoked.

Then, that night I took up a random doorman shift at the bar where I work. It's not a position I usually do, but they needed someone and I didn't have anything planned. The night went smoothly until the very end when I had to physically break apart a fight between two middle aged brothers. Talk about 0-100. Buddy didn't even thank me for breaking a headlock off of him.

Anyways, two interesting moments in one day. I also ripped the heel piece out of my ski today. That's not really interesting though, just a pain in the ass.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers