Thursday, February 2, 2017

Lately:

I'm happy to say that for the first time in a while I'm busy. I've submitted one college application, have just a few weeks to wrap up a pre-requisite course and then finish another. By March 1st I'll be done with anything school related and I'm so stoked to stack footy for two months straight after that. Probably more stoked than I've ever been about anything. The bunged ankle is at 85% at the moment. I put some days in on the hill and the skill and focus is there, but some muscular asymmetries are noticeable.

After the shit show that was the last six months, I'm not taking anything for granted. It's kind of baseless but I think I'm going to be a better skier now because of that. One example was when the crew built a jump a few weeks back. I had to be pushed into going up to session it (thanks Peter). I didn't want to try anything and was ready to work the camera all day. I thought I'd try the jump and ended up getting first hit after a round of rochambeau. Initially I was psyched out because of my ankle. Two hits later I had a new trick on camera. Not a great shot but a shot, and only 4 days into the season.  I relied on my brain committing to the trick and it just happened. I hadn't been through that process since I broke may ankle and it was crazy. I think how fucked up life is got drilled deep in my brain and I was like "ok, it's simple let's just get this trick".

The ankle is pretty sore after a few days skiing so I'm taking a week off until this next storm hits. It won't be 100% by then but hopefully it's good enough to ski and continue the healing process*. It's gonna be crunch time the next few months. I'm excited.

*knock on wood

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers