Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Lately

These last few weeks have been good however, in a sense, uneventful. After a week of non stop snow where most of what a threw down was big drops and tricks, we got a straight week on sun where I found new lines everyday, mostly exposed, steep stuff that hasn't had adequate coverage or visibility. The steeps around peak chair have been a new proving grounds for me these last couple days. Maybe it's the sun shining on all these slopes, maybe it's a new personal perspective, but I've been finding new lines and variations of lines that have evaded me all year. 

A slide below Cirque. The cornices are HUGE right now

A new, steep line for me. Not sure what it's called but it's the far right entrance to the Cirque, PC'd until recently. It's nice not just to ski a line for the first time, but to also get it with some flow and technique.

It looks like it's gonna be cloudy and snowy this week. Unless it gets deep by tomorrow I'm probably going to try to get my park legs back. I've been in the park only a few of times this year. A side of me is doubtful about going back in the park when my skill set is so far behind compared to those skiing park all year. The other side of me is really excited about the massive creative palette that park skiing provides, like the huge potential in the variety of tricks and styles.  

Also, big ups to Dylan Siggers to landed a podium at a FWT in Montana a couple days ago. Seeing people you've ridden with up in a world class event is really inspiring. The tour is definitely in my sights for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers