Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Dry

I feel that I've been experiencing lows since I got back from Red Mountain. Some where on my way back from Red I picked up a fun little disease called whooping cough which slowed down my early February. I pushed through it for a little while when the conditions were good, however I've taken the last week off skiing and now I feel considerably better. What would I do in my free time? I cleaned obsessively, listened to new hip-hop, wrote some hip-hop (the songs name will probably be "red socks"), read (Barneys Version), went through some agonizing work shifts, worked out (a little) and started a new TV series (Dexter). Now I'm back blogging, skiing, and I have some plans for the next couple weeks. I'm heading to Nelson for a weekend in the end of February with my father for some soul skiing and a Powder Slopestyle event (?). Seeing as Nelson is a beautiful town expect me to dust off my SLR and publish a photo essay on here, and perhaps meet some locals and get some shots on the hill as well. In the beginning March I'm set to go fly to the Smith Optics Freeskiing Challenge (why these long titles?) at Lake Louise which I feel very good about, I think I got the butterflies out at Red and and ready to enjoy myself and go kill it worry free.

I didn't miss skiing all that much when I was at home sick but after skiing the ice up top today I can say that my focus is certainly back and I'm looking forward to Saturday when It's supposed to snow again. I'm also looking back. Like hearkening to January when the snow was soft and the sun was up. My good friend Jon made an edit of his season so far, I am lucky to have the first two clips in it. I genuinely love this edit, the first shots match the pace of the song so well, it's not imposing, and the subtle text placement is right on point. My first line in it isn't bad either. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers